Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

For Katie

It is the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.  ~Marlene Dietrich
I don't know how many of you are blessed to have a best friend. I am very blessed in that regard because I have four best friends. This isn't about all of them though... it's just about one. Katie. She's that friend that when you see us you wonder what we could possibly have in common. Even people who knows us probably wonder. The thing is, we don't have so much in common... but we balance each other out. Katie is soft-spoken and sweet. I am loud and I say what I mean and mean what I say. Katie is a free spirit. She goes with the flow and doesn't have to have a plan. I'm a planner. I hate not having a plan. It stresses me out. Katie is always telling me, "Maggie. Just go with the flow." Katie is tall... like maybe 5 ft 9 or 10. I don't know. I'm super short. I think I'm about 5 foot 2. Katie has long hair. I have short hair. She's very smart. Never has to study. I have to study my rear end off and still don't score as well as she does. Katie is very social and I tend to be a home-body. She loves parties and crowds and I like to be with a small group of people. We both have brown hair. We both love the sunshine. We both love music and reading. We both teach (she teaches first grade and I will be teaching second this year). We both love God and believe in Him to guide us but we are both firm believers in the "faith without works is dead". We both work hard to get what we want and we are not easily deterred. I love my Katie. She is my best friend. When I find something out she is the first person I call (after my Mom and Jake, of course... well, depending on the news. lol She may be the only one who would care.)  So, to Katie- Thank you for being my friend. Thank you for loving me no matter what. Thank you for caring about me and supporting me. Thank you for being you. I love you!

Us at Come See Me a few years ago

Katie and me at the tailgate for the USC/Clemson game a few years ago

Christmas (not sure what year)

Ready for Carolina Cup

Hahaha! Gotta love her!

At the beach

Hanging out in Charleston

At my wedding

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katie is a special girl...so special she shares a birthday with your mom! I love Katie, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww! Everyone needs a Katie! :)

    ReplyDelete