Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Sunday, June 13, 2010

90 Day of Kindness Challenge

This is the challenge I have decided to take. If you want to learn more about it, click the button or click here. Sounds like a neat challenge...




I am up for the challenge AND I WANT YOU TO JOIN ME!

I'd love for you to take the challenge too and see what happens!

Want to see what a radical life you can live?

- Pray and reflect and chose one area that you will devote kindness toward for 90 days.
- Write a blog post letting others know you are up for the challenge.
- Link it up on my blog. You can find the link under the "kindness challenge" page. I will be featuring folks throughout the challenge.
- Add the kindness challenge button to your blog.
- Encourage others to take the challenge.
-Don't have a blog? E-mail me your kindness plan toiamalongfortheride@gmail.com!

"Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil by goodness."
Romans 12:21

Here's to a radical, life-changing, kindness-filled 90 days!

It really made me think about my life and who I could truly show kindness to and make a difference. It really made me think about making an effort to think before I react. What a crazy, though, right? To actually think before you speak. Ha! A novel idea and something I do not do often enough. I am quick to speak, slow to listen, and slow to think. Because of this I have also had to become quick to apologize. It's not just speaking though. It's being a kind person in actions as well. Hold the door, smile, don't place blame... and so on. 


I am not sure exactly how this works and hope Laura at "along for the ride" will correct me if I am doing this wrong. But, it said to pick an area to focus on. I am picking two because I think these are the two I struggle with most. (I hate to admit this, because putting it in writing probably makes me sound like a horrible person...) I am picking strangers and my husband. That's right. I said it. My husband. He is a wonderful man. He has more patience than I believed humanly possible before I met him. He loves me. He overlooks my faults. He deals with me with true kindness even on my worst days. He is truly a wonderful man. As nice and slow to anger as he is with me I am, at times, the opposite. If there is a bad day he gets the bad end of it. That's not ok. I need to treat him with as much if not more kindness as he treats me. 


As for the strangers, I picked them because I know how much difference it makes in my day when someone I don't even know is kind to me... for example, letting me in front of them in line at the store if I have 2 things and they have a buggy-full, or holding the door for me, or even a simple smile. It can really make someone's day better. I know it has made a difference in my day numerous times. I try to do this already, but I am hoping that this challenge will make me really put kindness in my thoughts. 


The above email listed in Laura's post is her email. If you don't have a blog but want to email her she would really like to know who is joining in because it is a challenge given to her congregation by her pastor. I'd also like to know though, so leave a comment here too please! :) 


So, 90 Days of Kindness... here I come!! :)




Just a note, Laura at along for the ride has a really cool and inspirational blog. She has an awesome faith and reminds us that we are not in control, but along for the ride of life. I love that! She is so right. 






4 comments:

  1. This is awesome! It's just what I had in mind. I appreciate your honesty. I hope you don't mind, but I linked it up under my kindness challenge page. Take a look!

    Thanks so much for joining me on the challenge. I will be featuring people throughout the 90 days so check back.

    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I'm glad I'm not the only one with the husband thing. I tend to get mad really quickly and he's on the end of most of it when he hasn't even done anything wrong. I really need to work on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited to be a part of this challenge.
    Thanks for being so open & honest.

    Alyssa
    http://lifeoflyssie.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm just getting ready to post on my blog about the kindness challnege. I too have chosen to pick my family.
    Blessings,
    Nancy

    ReplyDelete