Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Friday, June 18, 2010

Day 5 of 30 Day Blog Journal




My favorite quote.


Gosh, I am such a quote person. This is hard for me to pick just one. Most quotes I like are ones I can apply to my life. These are a few of my favorites... (I'm also listing reasons for some of them.)

From this day forward I will love and comfort you, hold you close, prize you above all others, and remain faithful to you all the days of our lives. (July 18, 2009) These were our wedding vows. They mean a lot to me because I live by these every day of my life.

You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything. This is so true. I know what I stand for and I stand for those things every single day. I'm not fallin' for nothin' lol

There is always, always, always something to be thankful for. Unknown This is also very true. No matter how bad my day is or how bad things are going I make myself think of things to be thankful for at the end of each day and I thank God for those things... even if sometimes it is just that the day didn't get any worse!

Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, "I will try again tomorrow.” Mary Anne Radmache This is true courage. This is the only courage I have most days... just the kind that is still willing to try again.

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase. MLK Jr. I do this a lot. I take that first step and I sometimes don't even know there's a staircase there!

To be a Christian without prayer is no more possible than to be alive without breathing. MLK Jr. So true... I pray and pray. It's my connection to my God. How can someone possibly worship a God they cannot talk to????

We are all pencils in the hand of God. Mother Teresa We are. I hope God uses me to draw great pictures and write great stories.

Intense love does not measure. It just gives. Mother Teresa I truly believe that it is so important to give. You should always give- no matter how little you have, someone else is always worse off.

It will all come out in the wash. -my grandma Thank goodness for that! 

Think occasionally of the suffering of which you spare yourself the sight. -Albert Schweitzer This applies so much to animals and my belief that all animals deserve the best. I know I try not to think about it much how there are so many animals who are hurting, abused, neglected... but I force myself to think of it sometimes because it reminds me that I have so much work to do!!

The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated. -Gandhi Again, this really touches my heart. Milly and Shelby are my life and I simply cannot understand how people can treat animals so badly.

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in, their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within.
Elizabeth Kubler-Ross I just hope that people can still see my beauty when the light is out. I just hope my light always shines through. 






1 comment:

  1. I lOVE your quotes!!!!! especially the faith one and stained glass one....

    ReplyDelete