Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Weeds, Blooms, and Faith

I'll admit it, I'd seen this weed growing for a few weeks, but I just hadn't gotten out to the front yard to "deal with it"... until today. When I went out there and got closer to it I, literally, laughed out loud! I am ashamed to admit that it was HUGE. Here's my proof...
It was above my knee in height... and, yes, I was the tacky lady outside in my yard at 1pm in my pajama pants. lol Gotta love laziness. (In my defense, I have already been out of the house today and changed into something comfortable when I got home so I could write lesson plans.)
I was THRILLED to see this plant has a blossom (almost a bloom) on it! I was so excited I was yelling for Jake to come outside and look. I think he thought it was something important and promptly told me I was crazy when he saw what I was so excited about.


I found a job to apply for today that requires a "statement of faith". Though certainly not an odd request, it was something that stretched my brain a bit. I am a strong believer in God and I do share my faith with others. I know what I believe and I live my life on a mission to be positive and have a positive impact on others... to "let my light shine" so to speak so that others can just tell that I have God in my heart. I'm not a person who goes around telling everyone abut God (not that there is anything wrong with that at all) but I believe strongly in not pushing my faith on others. However, if someone asks me what gets me through the day or how I have been able to stay so positive with all the negative things going on right now, I can honestly say (and with a smile on my face) that God and prayer have gotten me through it. I just can't figure out how to state my beliefs on paper... how to tell people what I believe and why I believe what I believe and all of that. I am having a hard time writing this statement. I suppose instead of writing this blog I should be working on my statement... so that is what I shall do for now. Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I have a feeling your statement of faith turned out great!! :-D And girl, I am in my pajamas all day long ha ha...you're SO cute!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete