Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

I've Never Been One...

to keep up with political things or news or things unrelated to my every day life. I know this is a horrible thing to admit, and I do not at all consider it to be one of my better qualities... but, it is the truth and honesty is the best policy!
Anyhow, I just finished reading "Veil of Roses" by Laura Fitzgerald.
What an amazing book. It was so interesting! I have always known that, living in America, I am a lucky person. I am truly blessed with freedoms that, as the author points out through her character in the novel, I take for granted every single day of my life. In terms of this book, I was able to date before being engaged and then married. I was able to truly know the man I am married to. I cannot imagine not even knowing someone and then being expected to be married to them... then there is the idea of arranged marriages. I know that this is something that still exists and it is something I cannot even fathom. The thought of my parents picking the man I would marry makes me laugh out loud! I know they would have my best interest at heart... but we have different ideas on so many things... I can only imagine who they would have picked. Though, I like to think if they had met Jake they would have picked him for me! He is wonderful! Anyhow, I recommend this book. It is truly eye opening (especially if you don't keep up with anything like me).
I am thankful for the life I have been blessed with. I am thankful for the freedoms I have been granted simply by being born American.

No comments:

Post a Comment