Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Thursday, July 22, 2010

I Wonder...

I wonder how many people get to live out their dreams? I wonder how many people grow up with a dream in their hearts and actually get to live that dream? I wonder how many people have others who not only support their dreams, but help to make them a reality? Am I the only one? I certainly hope not!




If you've been reading my blog for awhile then you know that I have always wanted to be a teacher. Nothing has meant more to me than this one dream. I have worked very hard to get to this point... to have a teaching job. Many things stood in my way and I have overcome many obstacles to get here. 


My family has been very supportive. My wonderful parents paid my way through college and even paid most of my living expenses. My Mom has even bought many of the things I will be using in my classroom. They are wonderful. My Grandmother rode around for days in the car with me going to different interviews. My Mom helped me to find three long-term sub positions last year when I was unable to find a full-time job and the principal at that school stepped out on a limb and chose me to take these positions. She also highly recommended me to the principal who has hired me for the upcoming school year. So many people have supported my dream.


You know, there is one person who has not only supported my dreams, but given up his own for me. That is, of course, my husband. My amazing husband. He knew what this dream of teaching meant to me. He encouraged me. He even drove me to some of my interviews! I was talking to my brother-in-law the other day on the phone. It was a very short conversation, but he congratulated me on my job and told me that he thought it was so cool that I had a husband who was willing to move and give up things so that I could live my dream. He is so right. I am so lucky and it is so "cool" that Jake is willing to do this for me. He truly is an amazing man and I am so so lucky.


Thank you, Jake. Thank you for believing in me and for supporting my dreams. Thank you for making my dreams come true. Thank you for postponing yours so I can live mine. You are the most unselfish person I have ever met. I love you.


One Very Lucky

4 comments:

  1. What a sweet post! You are very lucky. Enjoy!

    Your pal, Pip & Kristin (Pip's mom)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This .. really needs a LIKE button!
    Xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very fortunate. Congradulations on your new job and finding your dream. I'm am one of the one's you ask about. No one has ever been there to support any of my dreams, until I met my husband. And it is the same for him, and so we are doing this by ourselves together, but we are so grateful we have each other. Keep dreaming!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are, indeed, lucky to have found a love like this. You will grow to appreciate this even more as you journey through life. God has truly blessed you both!

    ReplyDelete