Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Monday, November 29, 2010

It's No Big Secret



It's no big secret... I love my husband. I really really do. I am his biggest fan. I think he is amazing. He is generous, loving, funny, goofy, brilliant... all sort of good things. Maybe what you don't know is that I believe that God sent him to me. He and I were made for each other. God gave me him for the ups and downs. God gave me him for the days of doubt. God gave me a wonderful man to share my life with. I am blessed to be his wife.
You know what's funny? People don't get us. We're not your typical lovie-dovie, mooshy-smooshy, kissy-huggy couple. That's not us. We're not attached at the hip. We don't feel the need to ask permission for things. We don't have to hang out constantly. We live our lives exactly as we want and it just works. It works perfectly for us. People think we're odd. They think it's strange... but it really doesn't bother either one of us because we know that we love each other. We know that our relationship is solid and strong. We trust each other. More than one person has said to me that we seem more like roommates than husband and wife. I see their point. It's true, I suppose, because we do not have the typical relationship. The thing is that people just do not understand. Someone else recently said that you just have to do what is best for your marriage and forget what others think. That's so true. I love Jake. I know that God sent him to me because I need him. I am independent and I love to do things on my own. I love to work things out alone and I hate having to check in with someone. I love a simple goodnight text if I'm not home yet and not a million minute phone call. I love being able to just look at Jake and know with all of my heart that that man loves me more than he loves himself. I don't need other people to approve of our relationship. God approves. I approve. Jake approves. As far as I'm concerned, that's all the matters.

No comments:

Post a Comment