Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Day 5- Your Siblings

Well, I warned you I'd be horrible at this- and I am. But, to be fair to myself, I have been very sick since Saturday and haven't really been able to use the computer much. But, I'm feeling some better now and will be going back to work tomorrow... anyhoo... my siblings.



I was born an only child. However, my Mom remarried and I now have two sisters. I have known them since I was 6 or so... so, basically my whole life. Growing up we were very different. To this day, we remain very different people. I find it truly amazing that we are able to get along, because we are so different.
My sisters are both married. They both have a dog (and cats, but I don't hold that against them ;)). They both graduated (like me) from the University of South Carolina. My older sister went on to graduate school and now teaches college courses at a school in Indiana. My younger sister is recently married and works at a boutique. 
We may be very different, lead very different lives, have different goals, dreams, ideas... but we have so much in common- where we came from. My sisters taught me a lot about life. Because I was born an only child (and was pretty much still raised as one even though they were a part of my life), they taught me more about friendship than about being sisters. We did not have the traditional home life. We do not share any of the same parents through birth. My Mom and their dad are married. Simple as that... and yet very complex. It's really hard to put into words our relationship.
It's hard to sum up, but they taught me so much. I love them each... for different reasons. They are unique, wonderful ladies and I am blessed to call them family.

"If you don't understand how a woman could both love her sister dearly and want to wring her neck at the same time, then you were probably an only child."
-Linda Sunshine



No comments:

Post a Comment