Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Day 4- Your Parents


I have amazing parents. Some may even go so far as to call them spectacular! I have parents who believe in me, taught me right from wrong, and taught me to love and fear the Lord.
I was raised in a Christian home. I ate dinner every night with my parents and sisters. We ate together, prayed together, spent time together.

Growing up, my parents strove to give me the best there was. They sacrificed for me. They made sure that I had everything I needed and most of what I wanted. My mother even gave up an entire summer to teach summer school to save money to send me to Europe for two weeks.

I grew up in the house with my mom and step-dad. My real dad died when I was a baby. He was killed in a car accident. For a few years it was just me and mom, and then came Michael and his two kids.

My family is big on vacations. We have visited tons of places and I am very blessed by that. I have seen so many places and learned so much. I have my parents to thank for that.

Family is important to my Mom. She loves family. She taught me to put family first.

My Mom rocks. I mean that. She is a generous, loving, kind woman. She taught me to give to others and not expect things in return. She also taught me to be independent and stand up for myself. I know that God knew what he was doing when He put me and mom together. :)

So, to my parents- thank you for everything! You are amazing people. I love you.

1 comment:

  1. this was a very sweet post! supportive parents are the best and so important!

    ReplyDelete