Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Suppose It's About Time

Well, I suppose it's time that I share my thoughts on the job search and all that goes with it. As most people can figure out- there are NO teaching jobs to be had. Though I have had (and am very thankful for) some long-term sub positions, I have not been able to find a full-time teaching position. It makes me sad to know that five years of my life was spent preparing for a job that I may very well never have. Realistically speaking, it's no secret that teaching jobs are few and far between these days... and with the teachers being laid off it's also no secret that finding a job when you have little to no experience is very difficult when compared to the people who interview who have been laid off elsewhere. So, where does all of this leave me? It leaves me without. It leaves me without a job, yes, but not without hope. I have always wanted to teach. I am a darn good teacher. I don't have to have people tell me that or be hired to know that. I know it through the satisfaction of seeing kids succeed and knowing that I helped them in some way or another. I was placed on this earth to teach. All of that being said, I am also about 99.9% sure I will not be a teacher. At least not any time soon. It's not how I pictured my life... but I won't get into all of the things that are far from the way I pictured them and have still turned out just as well if not better than I pictured. So, I've decided to look elsewhere for jobs... outside of the teaching profession. I have decided to look for a job I can be good at but also pays the bills and that is what is most important right now. Part of me feels like I am giving up on a life-long dream... but the other part of me knows that I am doing what is right for myself and my family. The most important thing is to do right by the person who is with you. Jake deserves someone who is willing to put dreams on hold and face reality... and get a job and help out. He deserves it... and if I have my way, he'll get it. Please pray for me that I am able to find a job. I am kind of excited to just get all of this no money and no job thing behind me. I have an interview tomorrow... so please keep your fingers crossed and say a prayer for me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment