Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Funny Thing...

You know it's funny... most days I can stay upbeat and optimistic and positive about this whole job thing... and then there are days like today. Days that wear me out. Days that break me down and make me wonder if I'll make it through this. I know that I am truly a blessed person. I have wonderful family and friends. I have a great church. I have a roof over my head and food to eat and clothes to wear. The one thing I don't have is a job... and it eats at me. All. The. Time. I try so hard not to let it get to me. I try not to think about it unless I am looking for jobs online. The thing is, it's like a cancer. You can't escape it. Everyone you see asks you about it. It's like there's not another durn thing they can think of to ask you. Forget "how's the weather?" Now it's "do you have a job yet?" As if I'm choosing to be jobless. I know that's not what they mean by the questions. I know they are asking out of concern. I just feel helpless and sad sometimes. That's really no way to be. I should be proactive... but it's been nearly a year since graduation. Nearly a year. And I have nothing. I am thankful for the long-term sub positions I've had- but that's exactly what they are. And they end. And there I am again. At "square one." I'm worn out. Now that I've depressed the entire blog population I think I'll go to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment