Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

What I Wish I'd Known...

I was reading a blog the other day and it got me to thinking about how much easier my life would have been if I'd known then what I know now... oh to be able to know the future... of course, in many cases that ignorance is bliss. However, I decided to make a list of all the things I wish I'd known (ok, not all of them, but some of them).

1. That guy is NOT the guy for you. Believe me, when you meet the guy for you nothing else in the world will matter but him and his happiness. You'll do everything in your power to make his dreams come true. And the even crazier part is he'll do the same thing.
2. Yes, you do deserve him. He is a magnificent man and you deserve the best. Don't ever doubt that. He loves you no matter what- through thick and thin, happy days and awful ones... and one day he'll put his dreams on hold so you can live yours. That, my friend, is a true MAN... and that, my friend, is true love.
3. You're not a cat person. Willow [cat I had growing up] has much to teach you, and when it's her time you need to let her go. She's done her job and you will not own another cat... you will, however, fall madly in love with two beautiful mini Dachshunds. Yes, dogs. I know, it doesn't seem possible... but it's true!
4. It does not matter what others think. Let me repeat... it does not matter what others think. One day you will learn not to care. I promise you that life is so much easier when you just don't give a crap what others think about you.
5. Things will not always be easy. Whatever you do, SAVE your money. [If only I'd known to keep every little penny the last year of my life would have been so much easier!]
6. Things will not always be difficult. Just hold on, girl! You will make it. You will succeed. You will feel so much more triumphant and proud of yourself when you do... and, to top it off, you'll have an amazing husband  by your side the whole time.
7. No one remembers high school. And the ones that do only do because they wish they were still there. Who cares what happened then? Move on. So will everyone else.
8. Your best friends will still be your best friends in your mid twenties. No, seriously. They're amazing girls and they will stand by your side on your wedding day. Don't be mean. Don't be bossy. Don't ever let them doubt how much you care!
9. Just love other people. Don't judge them. Love them with everything you've got to give. With all your heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment