Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

I know... I'm on my third one today...

But, I rarely post any more and I have some things on my mind. I was reading this blog and it just made me think about something that has been bothering me for a few weeks now. I can't really give specifics on the situation, but I am dealing with some people who make inappropriate comments to me. I am tired of it. I am tired of people being petty. I am tired of people thinking I'm dumb and don't know what I'm doing. I am tired of people making comments that they would be better off keeping to themselves. I was talking to a friend the other day about this person's comments and how it really bothers me and she put it so simply, "there will always be haters." Now, if that isn't a true statement I don't know what is. I am sick of people trying to get me down and I am pretty sure it all goes back to plain ol' jealousy. That's right. I said it. JEALOUSY. I am not a jealous person. I do not envy what others have because I know that I am a blessed person. I am blessed by the people in my life and by the life that God has blessed me with. I do not know this other person's trials nor does this other person know mine... yet, this person constantly makes comments like I am an idiot and like I just fell off the turnip truck. Now, I realize that part of this stems from cultural differences and that's fine, but I am growing very close to asking said person to keep their two cents to their self and leave me be.
You know, no matter how hard you work, no matter what you do and with what sort of heart you do it with, there will always be people who think you think you're better than them, who think you're trying to show off, who think they know more (and, by golly, they're gonna point it out... and, of course, in front of others).
So, I'm going to hold my head high, just like I tell my kids, and be the best teacher that I can be... who cares what others say- knock 'em dead and kill 'em with kindness!!


No comments:

Post a Comment