Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

Life is...

Life is never exactly what it seems to be... or what you'd want it to be. You know, the funny thing is that I am getting to the point where I am ok with that. Maybe this is my training for something else. Who knows. I have been put in such strange situations lately and I have come out on top. I am really pretty proud of myself. I have learned to make the most of difficult situations and just accept things as they come. Now, don't get me wrong, it doesn't mean I like all of the strange situations and difficult circumstances, it just means I am working on growing up.
I love teaching. I really truly do. It is just something in my heart that tells me I am doing something great. I don't think I'm making huge differences every single day. To be honest, I'm probably not making huge differences at any time in the day, but the important thing is that I am giving it my all. My kids notice things like that. When I half-way my way through a conversation or am half-hearted about something they know it. They deserve my best and so I strive to give them that each day. I know plenty of teachers who hand out worksheets and book pages and that's it. They don't really give it anything and they go home at the end of the day with energy to spare.  I am at school at 6:30 each morning. I leave around 4 or 4:30. I am exhausted when I get home. I give my all to those kids.
You know, I had an interesting conversation with one of my students the other day. I explained to him that I do not read minds. It is not one of my talents, so if he needs help with something or doesn't like something or is afraid of something he needs to tell me. I told him I am here for him. I told him it is my job to see to it that he gets everything he needs and that I am working hard to see him succeed. I explained to him that I care about him and his success and that seeing him not try his hardest hurts my feelings because I know he is better than that. He just looked at me and smiled and said, "I promise I'll talk to you about things and ask for help." I hope he does. I really would love for each of them to succeed at their dreams!

2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful gift you are giving to those kids. You may not see it, but you are making a difference in those kids life just for being there are caring. As you know many don't get that. I think it is great you are so passionate about being a teacher and I love the big heart you have.

    Don't forget to take care of yourself. You deserve it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a wonderful teacher in primary school when I was small and I still think about her and her wonderful encoouragement to this day. It is teachers like you and my Mrs Nicholson who make the difference, you nurture and help children aquire a thirst for knowledge and in my case that has never left me.
    A passion for teaching and imparting that passion for knowledge is a wonderful gift to share WAY TO GO YOU.
    I am proud to know you as there are too few teachers like you out there and we need more like you

    with admiration
    Mollys Momma Tea

    ReplyDelete