Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Sunday, September 5, 2010

A Few Things...

and then I really do have to get to work on my endless list of things to do today.

Yesterday I went shopping with a new friend. I had a great time and hope we get together again sometime soon. She's a fellow teacher at my school and has really made my transition into this whole thing called the "working world" a little easier. Anyhow, we went in to PetSmart and they were having an adoption day there. Awww... all of those sweet doggies. I felt so bad for them. I hope that they all find their forever homes very soon. I found 2 that I would have taken home in a heartbeat if I could have. We just really cannot afford any more pets family members and Milly and Shelby do not react well to other animals in their space. So, I left feeling a little sad. One of them was a long haired standard doxie. He was so beautiful and calm. He was 6 years old and has heart worms. That made me so sad. Something so easily preventable... I won't get started on that soap box today.

Another thing is that I finally realized yesterday that it is true- things are never greener on the other side. I am not in any way trying to be a pessimist. I am simply stating how I see things. Life is hard. Life is busy. Life is, in my case, just a constant flow of "if it's not one things it's another"s. I know that sounds awful. I hate that it sounds awful. I am just having a hard time being all grown up. How pathetic is that? I told Jake yesterday that I feel like I am working my butt off, have nothing to show for, and all (literally all) of my money is going to bills. Jake says, "Well, this is the real world and we're adults now. That's just how it is." Well, I thought to myself, that sucks. hahaha!

I am working very hard at school. I am working just so unbelievably hard. I don't have time for hardly anything else. I am constantly thinking of things to do and ways to improve my teaching. I am already starting to feel burnt out. That, my friends, is not good. We haven't even been in school for a month. I decided that after I get my long range plans finished (and for those of you who don't teach this is basically a semi-detailed plan for the entire year) I am going to take a break. No more school stuff all day long on the weekends once that is finished. I just cannot do school 24-7. I am worn out. So, I am thinking I'll at least try to take off one day a weekend. I know both is impossible. So, I am aiming for one and, who knows, maybe I'll get to the point where I can just go home on Friday afternoon and enjoy the weekend. We shall see.


1 comment:

  1. I love the picture of your dogs!! They are so cute!

    Yes, you need to take a break from all the school work!! You don't want to burn out!! All that work won't matter if you're a burnt out teacher! I am sure you'll be able to find a balance soon. I remember my first of teaching I was just like you. I would work all weekend and most days I stayed at school until 6PM!(Sometimes even later!)

    Your Long Range plans, is that something you HAVE to do or just something you're doing for you. I've never made lesson plans for an entire year. Just curious.

    Enjoy your Sunday!!

    Jen

    ReplyDelete