Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Monday, October 5, 2009

Just some thoughts...


Well, this semester is flying by... I have soooo much to do and soooo little time in which to do it. I am starting to stress over it all. I know I'll get it all done- I don't have a choice. I just get so caught up in it all sometimes that I nearly crack under the pressure.

I worked Saturday from 9:45am- nearly 1 the next morning... it made for a LONG day... but I am so thankful for the opportunity to work and the fact that it's for such an awesome company makes it even better. I had a great time- it was HARD WORK, but the people I work with are so nice and I just loved the fact that it was never boring.

I went to a funeral Sunday for a friend of mine's father. It was so sad. He graduated from high school with my step dad and it just really hit home for me. It really made me thankful for my friends and family and I am truly blessed for the time that I have with them. I am so lucky to be surrounded by amazing people every day. My friend and her family are in my daily prayers.

It's funny, you know, how people's lives can be nothing like they seem. I came across a couple this weekend that had tons of money and seemed to have the picture perfect life but it turned out that they had really had a hard time in the last couple of years with illnesses and deaths in their families- I thought to myself that I may not have much in the way of money when compared to people like that- but I have so much more than most when I think of my family and friends. I am so blessed.

I heard an old song today that made me think of Jake... seems like we don't see each other as much as we used to- and we live in the same house now! lol Anyhow, it's a song by John Michael Montgomery and it goes like this: I get up and battle the day, Things don't always go my way, It might rain, But that's okay, I get to come home to you... you are my best friend, and you are where my heart is, and i know at the days end i get to come home to you... i love coming home to you" It's so comforting to know that at the end of every day there he is... love of my life. There's just something so sweet about the simple pleasure of knowing someone's there for you no matter what. I am so lucky to have Jake in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment