Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Thursday, October 22, 2009

Staying Positive

You know it's funny- I've been told on numerous occasions lately that I seem to be such a positive person and that people appreciate my outlook... the thing is that I think people get the wrong impression- that it comes naturally- ha! SOOOO not true! I will say that is through a great deal of growth, personal choice, and PRAYER that I get through the day with a smile on my face. Many of you know that things are not all flowers and sunshine right now with my life- but when I look at what it could be I can't help but be thankful for what I have. I wake up every day and know that I have a choice... and I cannot tell you how much better I feel when I make the choice to be happy. I wake up and literally say to myself "Ok Maggie- you can be positive or you can be negative. You can be nice or you can be mean. You can smile or you can cry. It's all up to you." At that point I smile to myself and move on with my day. I know that I have chosen the right attitude. I won't say that I pick that every day. Jake can tell you (hahaha) that I can be a major grouch and I sometimes have to reevaluate my attitude before I head out the door... and I do. I know that there are so many people who have such difficult things going on in their lives and who am I to make it any harder?? I hope that I can make it through life and not have one single person say that I made their life difficult or ruined their day. I won't say that I always make it through the day positive- I get frustrated just like everyone else- but as soon as I do I say a little prayer to let it go.
So, to those of you who have noticed- thank you. I am trying to be a better person and with God by my side I know I cannot fail- it make take multiple tries and I'll have a few bumps along the way- but I know I'll get through it all.

I had a very good day today. I went to an interview... and though I do not know the outcome I know that I will not be upset with myself if the outcome is not what I want- because I know without a doubt that I did my BEST. I answered the questions with my whole heart and tried my hardest. Nothing can be said of my in that regard. I prayed and prayed that I would get this job- but I know in my heart that God is in my driver's seat and I'm just along for the ride- so where ever He picks my next stop to be is just fine by me. :) Let's just hope I don't lose my mind before then. ;)

1 comment:

  1. There are times when we must go through negative situations. Maybe people say something negative about us, or they show rejection or even resentment against us. In such situations, it may be difficult to stay positive. We may be inclined to react negatively to them. There is a need to be positive. Iflorist.co.uk

    ReplyDelete