Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Thursday, June 21, 2012

Kitchen Re-do

Before we even moved in last summer I knew this kitchen color had to GO. I did not care for it one bit. The entire house was that color. So, I wanted to start somewhere and I knew I wanted a green kitchen. 

This is a picture of the kitchen. Again, not a true "before", but you get the picture. This is a view into the dining room from the kitchen.

This is part of the kitchen before we painted. Again, not a true "before".


Another view of the dining room before.


It's painted!


So much better!


I love the green!


This is the dining room after.


Another view of the dining room after (except for the missing curtain panel- silly me bought one that was the wrong size and I had to take it back.)


The art in the dining room. This art has been in my family for a long time. (The birds, not the cups.)


The green in the dining room is a shade or two darker than the kitchen. I would have painted the whole kitchen that color, but I felt like it was too dark with the dark cabinets. The name of the paint in the kitchen is "Herbal Garden" and the one in the dining room is "Thyme Garden." I think they are both Behr colors but I am not sure. It could have been Valspar. I like both paints, but really like that Valspar allows you to bring it back. I didn't know that when I had a paint fiasco in MilShelb's room with Behr paint, but I know it now and plan to stick with Valspar. (I will say that Home Depot allowed me to bring the paint back once and gave me another gallon when that whole mess happened, but it didn't help. Apparently the color I selected (which I didn't really- but that's a story for another day) just stank. Oh well. Live and learn.)

No comments:

Post a Comment