Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Monday, June 18, 2012

Getting Rid of the Brown

As I've said before, when we moved into our home, it was stuck in the 1980s. At first I loved the wood trim and thought it was warm and inviting. Since then, I have changed my mind. My husband and I both feel like it is outdated and dark. In the picture below you can even see how a BRIGHT green kitchen wouldn't even make that wood seem brighter. 
So, I have decided my summer mission (and being a teacher I do have a tiny bit of time in the summer to do this) is to get rid of the brown in our house. I am horrible at remembering to take true "before" pictures, but the one below is as close to "before" as we are going to get. All of the trim in our house is this color. It is a nice shade of brown, but when you have so much of it it can really be overwhelming.

The picture below is the "after". Once I started this I really got excited about how the house will look when it is finished. I think it will be awesome! I cannot wait to be rid of this brown. I think it looks really great!


No comments:

Post a Comment