Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Friday, February 19, 2010

Happy Birthday, Mom!

Today is my mother’s birthday. She is an amazing woman… and I, literally, owe her my life. I would not be here if it were not for her. More than just the literal sense of that, I would not be here today without her- without her guidance, support, and love. She has taught me so much about life- some are little things and some are big things, but I wanted to share some of those things to celebrate her… the woman I am most proud to call my MOTHER.

Lessons from Mom:
1. Pets are family members. They are a commitment.
2. Family is number one. Always be there for your family. They will always be there for you.
3. Wear comfortable shoes.
4. If you want it- HAVE it! ;)
5. Remember who’s you are.
6. When you smile, show your teeth.
7. Wear your hair the way you want. It’s on your head.
8. Don’t roll your eyes- it is not becoming of you.
9. Real women don’t wear aprons.
10. A simple smile can really change someone’s day.
11. Believe in your students. You truly may be the only one who does. Every child deserves someone to believe in them.
12. God loves you no matter what… and so does your mother. 
13. Don’t drink. Don’t smoke. Don’t cuss.
14. Love other people for who they are.
15. Don’t go out in public looking like a bum- you’ll see someone you know. Haha
Mostly, my mother has taught me three very important lessons. One, Put God first in your life and everything else will fall into place. Two, that she will always love me no matter what. Three, don’t marry someone you want to change. Love the man you marry with all your heart for exactly who he is.

Happy birthday to the most amazing woman I know. I love you, Mom.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a sweet post!! I hope she had a great day; she def. has a great daughter!! I love the new blog design as well!!

    ReplyDelete