Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Another Chapter Is Coming to an End

Well, as always... things change. People come and go. Life moves on... and so do opportunities. My time at Saluda Trail Middle School and my long term substitute position is coming to a close in around 3 weeks. It makes me sad... but all good things must come to an end... and so does this. However, I have learned a great deal through this opportunity. I have met wonderful people who have taught me about teaching and about life. I have met wonderful kids who I know will succeed. I have met kids that I will think about in the future and wonder where they are and how they turned out. I have met teachers that inspire me to continue on this journey... to press onward and to be that person who cares for that kid... to be the person I set out to be... the one who believes in them and what they're about no matter what. With everything that has been going on this year in my life I have many times lost sight of the goal and of my reason for going into education. Some may call me naive and others may laugh, but I set out to be a teacher to make a difference. I was blessed to have a wonderful mother who has devoted her entire life to helping students succeed. I am never surprised when people come up to us that she has taught years ago and know exactly who she is- and they are excited to see her, tell her how they're doing, and thank her for her help. She is an amazing woman. I hope to one day be even half the teacher she is today. I have also been blessed to have inspirational teachers who give their all in their classrooms each and every day. they truly changed my life and made me a better person.
As this opportunity comes to a close, I can look back and be so thankful to a principal who gave me- a first year teacher- a chance. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
A big thank you to everyone who has helped me by guiding me and teaching me to be a better teacher. A huge thank you to the people who made my days better and offered assistance in hundreds of ways.
I am on to other things... maybe not bigger and maybe not better... but other things. A new chapter in my life is beginning and I am embracing the change while taking all of my new knowledge with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment