Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Thursday, January 14, 2010

Stuck in a Rut

I feel like I am stuck in a rut. I don't even know if that is how you spell rut. haha! I just feel like I am getting no where fast on this job search. The thing about teaching is that once the school year starts it is very difficult to find a job, once the second semester starts it is nearly impossible, and add to that the horrible financial problems of this country and you've got yourself a BIG MESS. Mom showed me this quote today and I'm glad she did. It said : Hard things are put in our way, not to stop us, but to call out our courage and strength. I do feel that these obstacles have made me a stronger person. They have forced me to become positive, because, let's face it- if I got upset every single time something went wrong in the last year I'd be a very unhappy person. I do feel that I am much more capable of handling things that come my way and often can take things in stride when others are wondering why I did not have a fit over it. The fact of the matter is that life is just too short to get upset over every little thing. I have found, however, that life is not too short to rejoice in all the little tiny victories. I even celebrate little things like finding my shoes in the morning without spending 5 minutes looking for them. haha.
Though I am trying my best to "roll with the punches" there are days where I feel very bruised. Luckily, I share my life with 2 wonderful little four-legged creatures who know when I need them most and stick by my side to show their support. They may not have the words to say what they think (thank goodness) but they show their support through their actions- which truly speak louder than words. I am so lucky to be a MilShelb Mom. You know what they say- my little dog, a heartbeat at my feet. :)

This year I am trying to be more positive. I really don't want things to get to me. I am better than that and my GOD is bigger than any problem I may have. He will see me through this. I just know it. I'm praying to You, dear Lord: Give me ground or give me wings.

2 comments:

  1. Amen sweetie! I'm ALWAYS here if you need somebody to talk to! I pray you will march through these tough times triumphly! I have faith in YOU Mrs. Maggie! You ARE a positive girl and I pray God gives you the strength to fight all the big and little battles life throws at you... just know you don't have to go through it alone! You have the Almighty Himself anddd....YOU HAVE ME! Much Love!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks girl. That means a lot. It really does. :)

    ReplyDelete