Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Just Some Views, Thoughts, What-Have-Yous...

I have been busily working on this house, trying to make it perfect, and have not written as much on here as I probably should have. I thought I'd post some things I've learned since being married and some things I've known but now understand:
1. There's so much give and take in a marriage that it's really amazing. I decided when we got married that I would cook tons more than I had previously (which isn't difficult to do since I practically never cooked before). I have cooked a few meals since we finally got the kitchen set up and, much to my surprise, the meals have been edible at least. lol I awoke the other morning to find Jake making pancakes in the kitchen. I was very pleased with that little surprise and I don't know why, but the thought that popped into my head was "wow, that man really does love me." I know to most of the world it's just pancakes- but if you know Jake, it truly is something else. I am constantly amazed at how well this house has run with both of us working together.
2. There's no such thing as "my" anything. I don't have "my room". I don't have "my house." I don't have "my couch" or ... you get the picture. It's weird. Now, I'm not a selfish person by any means, but it's weird to have nothing (or nothing note worthy) as your very own. It's also funny because there are things that I thought Jake could care less about that since this is his house too he has had to have a say on... like where and how to hang pictures, put furniture, place items in the kitchen, etc. It's funny. I value his opinion, but am just shocked that he actually cares! lol
3. We don't always agree. Now, I have known this for some time now. I wasn't born yesterday and Jake and I have never shared the same views on many things. I don't really care that much. I figure that we are two different people and that is what makes this relationship work. We have never been each other's "other halfs" or whatever. We are two different people who happen to love each other and share some of the same goals. Some people feel that people who share different views on things, especially important things, don't work well together. It's really not true. Jake and I simply realize that we don't have to agree. We can get along just fine with a simple understanding that we don't have to be the same person in order to be married. I'm happy to have my own opinion and I'm equally happy for him to have his own. That personality and opinion is what makes him who he is- the man that I love.
4. Jake and I can look at each other and know what the other is thinking. Now, I don't mean that about everything. I just mean that it is really funny when I can look at him and tell he is thinking the EXACT same thing... and half the time we just start laughing out loud! For example, we were in Target the other day and I don't know what the deal is with Target in the middle of the day, but BOY!, that place was kid central! Now, don't get me wrong, I love children. I think they're great... however, I also like moms who can control their children. There is simply nothing worse than being stuck in a line between two sets of moms with multiple uncontrolled, misbehaved children. It erks me! I tried to be positive about it, but after I had been run into, poked, or what-have-you over ten times within two minutes I had had enough. I was just standing there thinking that I was really getting ready to put this crap down and leave when I look at Jake and catch his eye and, much to my surprise, he is thinking the same thing! I just crack up! It was so funny I could hardly make myself stop laughing. Anyhow, we finally get through the line and make it back to the car before we say anything. Once we get in the car Jake looks at me and says "if we ever even so much as think we want children- we'll just go shopping." lololol!!! I died laughing. I said to him, "what gets me is why people are so shocked when I say that I really don't want kids. I don't have the patience for that mess. How can people deal with that ALL DAY long?!?!" I understand that I am an education major. I enjoy children. I enjoy teaching children. I enjoy helping children. However, I do not enjoy being around ten billion of them while I try to shop, think, eat, etc. It drives me batty. I truly appreciate the people who have it in them to teach and have kids- it's just not me. (Off my soapbox!)
5. I love him more everyday. I didn't know it was possible. I thought I loved him as much as I ever could, but I honestly love him more and more every day. I'm also finding that love changes depending on the situation. Sometimes, I love him for making breakfast. Sometimes, I love him for cleaning out my car. Sometimes, I love him just for who he is. Other times, I love him in spite of the fact that he left coke cans everywhere after I just cleaned or left his shorts out instead of putting them away... He's still my H. I love him even when he drives me nuts! I'm finding that when I feel frustrated with stuff, I just kind of start laughing. I don't know why. I think it's God's way of making me see that it's really just small stupid stuff in the big picture.

Well, that's enough of that. I need to mention now that MilShelb went to the vet yesterday. What a rough day for us all! Poor little Shelby had a HORRIBLE allergic reaction to the rabies shot and had awful welts all over her body. She was swollen and it was awful. I felt soooo bad for her! I mean, she's just so tiny and I just felt so helpless. She's a mess, for sure. However, she's ok now. She's been on medication to help the swelling and itchiness. She's feeling back to her normal self.
Poor ol' Milly had to put up with Jake and myself feeling sorry for Shelby all day yesterday. It made her so sick she puked in the yard today! lol Poor kid.
Once we finally got home from the vet the power went out and that was a whole other ordeal in itself. I was pretty worried baout it but then the city people came and fixed it and it's all better now, so whatever.

MilShelb has been playing in the yard alot lately. They really like it. They are also working on their potty manners and I'm pretty pleased with the results. Shelby is especially doing well. Milly is so well trained to the pee pads inside that she's having a hard time switching over... so, for now, we're keeping both. I don't want her to pee on my floor and better the pee pads than the floor. She's trying though. She just has such a weird little schedule. If I could somehow figure out how to get them both on the same schedule it'd help... we shall see. I think Jake and I need to be on a routine before we can expect them to be and right now that's not the case... but school starts soon and hopefully we'll have some sort of a set schedule.

Well, I'm still looking for a job. I'm still praying for one. I'm still trusting God to lead me. Jake looked at me today and said "it'll all work out. I just know it." I said "I know it too... just not how I wanted- but you can't walsy get what you want." It's so true. You can't always get what you want... but if you try sometimes, you just might find you get what you need! lol

Dear God, give me ground or give me wings. Please! Please please please.

No comments:

Post a Comment