Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Monday, July 18, 2011

If Someone Had Told Me

I'd marry that long haired, ugly shoe wearin' kid I met randomly... I'd have laughed in their faces.
If they'd told me I'd fall madly in love with him the first time I laid eyes on him... I promise I would have choked on my drink.
If they'd said that he would be my best friend, stick with me through thick and thin I'd have thought they were crazy.
That kid didn't have a care in the world.
But, they would have been right.
My world, as I knew it, changed forever the night I met Jake.
(And I'm betting his did, too.)

If someone told me years ago that another person could make me feel like I am floating on cloud nine- I really could have thought, "yeah, right." My little miss independent self would have never thought they would be right.
If someone told me years ago that I would build my entire world around another person I would have told them no.
But, I do. Every single day.
If someone told me years ago that I would still be thrilled to see Jake every night when he gets home from work I would have told them I doubt it.
But I am. Every single day.
If someone told me years ago that the same person who makes me the happiest I've ever been can also make me the maddest I've ever been... ok, I might would have believed it. lol
If someone told me years ago that the long haired, ugly shoe wearin' kid would be my husband, my best friend, my entire world... I would have never believed them.
But, really, he has always been a dream come true.

They say some people are meant to be together. We are truly meant for each other. He is not my other half... he is my WHOLE heart. He is the smile on my face. He is the twinkle in my eye. He is the every beat of my heart. I love him more than I ever thought I could... and every single day I love him more than the day before.

Happy Anniversary, Jake! Here's to another wonderful year of wedded bliss. ;)
I am so glad I found you- the person who is happy to share a seat on the bus.

No comments:

Post a Comment