Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Thinking

I once heard a quote that went something like this... "I know God won't give me anything I can't handle, I just wish He didn't think I was so strong." Sometimes I feel that way, too. I know it's this way for everyone, but MAN!... when it rains it POURS! I am drenched. I hate this. I get this self-pity thing going on and I always wallow in it for a few days before I drag myself back out and get on with my life. I started to feel that way today and then I stopped and took a deep breath and told myself that there is nothing wrong right now that will matter in a year... even in a few weeks. Money is always an issue. It will always be an issue. there will never ever be enough and until I grown up enough to be content with what I have been given I will never be happy. I need to just stop and take a look around. I have a roof over my head (not a nice as some but it is cool when it needs to be and warm when it needs to be and is more than many people have right now). I have clothes to wear. I have a car to drive (yes, it cost me an arm and a leg to get it fixed today- but I have it none-the-less). I have an amazing opportunity to be in grad school (something many people can only dream of). Most importantly, I have an amazing family and friends who would do anything for me. (Sure, everyone comes into the world with a family but not everyone gets to keep their family or be lucky enough to have an amazing family and friends.) No, I do not have it all. I will never have it all. That's ok though... because I truly have more than I could ever possibly need. I need to stop focusing on the bad and the negative and focus on the good and the positive. I have so much to be thankful for. I thank God for my many many blessings and for allowing me to have trials- they make me appreciate the good even more.

No comments:

Post a Comment