Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Thursday, September 10, 2009

Lessons From a 4-Legged Friend

I am constantly amazed at the huge amount of love that fills the hearts of Milly and Shelby. They have so much love for each other, myself, Jake, and our family/friends. I was reminded of this today when Milly got sick in the house. I went to clean up her mess and she walked off to get a drink of water. Once I came back into the living room she was laying on the chair next to Shelby. I walked over and told her that I was sorry she felt badly and I hope she'd feel better soon. She looked up at me and then kissed my hand. It was as if she was saying thank you. Then she kissed Shelby's head. She is so sweet. No matter how badly they feel at different points in their lives, they are always trying to make others feel better. She may have meant that kiss as a simple thank you... or maybe it meant that she wanted me to be ok and not worry about her. She's just so sweet. I know sometimes when I am feeling sick I just want to be left alone. I don't want people to touch me. I don't want people to talk to me. I just want to be alone. Milly may have felt that way (I don't know- I don't pretend to be able to read her mind) but she welcomed my company anyhow. Possibly because she knew I needed it. I am so worried about her... My poor poor MaMil.

No comments:

Post a Comment