Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Steps in the Right Direction

"If you want to get over a problem, stop talking about it. Your mind affects your mouth, and your mouth affects your mind. It's difficult to stop talking about a situation until you stop thinking about it." -Joyce Meyer
(I'm no Joyce Meyer fan or anything, but I found this quote on Pinterest and loved it.)

In my last post I talked about needing to let things go. I am actually feeling much better about these things because I've stopped thinking about one of them and am pretty close to the other one. Now, I know that saying I never think about these things is a lie. But, I am not constantly thinking about these things anymore. Occasionally I catch myself heading in that direction and just force myself to change my thoughts and think of other things.

I think one reason I was thinking of these things so much is because I was talking about these things so much. My thoughts and conversations were consumed by these things. I've just changed the topic when these things come up.

I really am feeling much better already.

I've also prayed about being able to let these things go. I've prayed to not let them consume my thoughts and conversations. I actually laid down last night to go to sleep and felt completely at peace for the first time in a long time. It was a great feeling. And, I thanked God for it. Really, I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment