Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Love of My Life

Six years ago (ok, a little more) I met an amazing man. He had long, thick hair and an out-of-control beard. He was wearing a fleece shirt in June (in SC) and the ugliest basketball shoes I have ever seen. Yet, I knew. I knew the moment I saw him that there was something about him... something that drew me in and made me fall in love with him. From the night I met him we have been a pair.






Three years ago today we made the commitment of a lifetime- we got married. Three years ago we said I do. We promised to love and honor one another, put one another first, prize each other above all others, and remain faithful for the rest of our lives. Three years ago we changed my last name and our lives truly started.


Three years ago we left the church to this song:
And we live by it every single day. We love each other. We stand by each other. We are not perfect people and we do not have a "perfect" marriage, but we don't have to work hard to have something pretty darn close to perfect. I know I have someone to lean on and depend on and he knows he has someone who always has his back. 

We have been through a lot in the three years we have been married. We have been jobless and stressed beyond belief. We have moved, and moved, and moved. We have gotten jobs, lost jobs, and gotten more jobs. We have bought a home, learned to be DIY-ers. We have made a life together.
A few weeks ago someone told me that we seemed truly happy. You know, we are. We are very happy.
I am blessed to share my home, my life, and my heart with Jake. He is truly a wonderful person. I cannot imagine my life without him. He has made me a better, more understanding person. He has made me be quick to listen and slow to anger. He, truly, has calmed me down. He knows me, understands me, and loves me just the same. He is amazing.




Three years ago today I officially became part of something wonderful. We officially became an "us". I love us.


Happy Third Anniversary to an amazing man. I love you, Jake.

You are the best part of my life. You make everything worth it. You have taught me so much and have truly made me into the strong, happy, and confident woman I am today. Remember, three years ago I chose you, and I still do. I choose you every single day. I love you more than you will ever know, Jake. I never knew I could love someone as much as I love you, but yet every day I love you more. Thank you for three amazing years. I am excited for many, many more.

Love,
The M-Weeze

3 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary! You and Jake are truly inspriational! May you continue to be blessed (and thank you for your kind comments!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhhh!! Happy Anniversary and MANY MANY more! :) Nothing better than seeing past the ugly shoes and knowing you've found Mr. Right eh? The first day I met my husband he was wearing a pair of New Balance tennies that from all appearances looked fine until he would take a step. The sole on one of the shoes towards the toe was loose and literally FLAPPED when he would walk. Ha! It will be 6 years for us in Oct. :)

    Hope your day and days ahead are always filled with love and the ability to forgive when they aren't so lovely. :)

    XoXo's
    Sarah & le Weens
    http://doxiejibberish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww! Happy Anniversary you two! I am sure you will have many, many more happy years together.

    ReplyDelete