Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Wednesday, May 23, 2012

A Long Time Ago

I stopped caring a long time ago. I had to. I don't mean I stopped caring about other people. I just mean I stopped caring what they think. There are a few things that can still get under my skin, but mostly things I am already insecure about. Honestly, I learned to just be myself (weird as that may be) and not care what others think. It's hard. I won't pretend it's not. It's gotten easier, though. The thing is that if you let it get to you- what people think of you- if you let them get to you- you're done.
Today another teacher was saying something about people beating around the bush and not saying what they really mean. I said, "Yeah. I don't have the problem. I open my mouth and it all just comes out." She told me that's what she liked about me. haha! I won't pretend that my big mouth hasn't gotten me in trouble, nor will I dare to say that it won't in the future. But, one thing is for sure- people know where they stand with me. If I love ya, you know it. If I don't, you know it. If I could care less one way or another... well, you know that, too.
Here's what I hate. I hate when people know that other people do care what others think and they say and do mean things on purpose. To me, that is being a bully. There's just no reason to say something mean. I tell people that there's a nice way and a mean way to say everything you want to say and there is no reason to pick the mean way. You can get your point across without saying it in a nasty way.
I will say that I am much happier now that I just don't take to heart what others think. I understand that everyone has their own opinions and are entitled to them. It doesn't make them any better or me any worse.

Just had to say that.
I'm done now.
LOL!

2 comments:

  1. I try my best not to let things get to me but certain things do still get to me sadly usually things to do with my family. It is getting easier but I don't think I am quite there yet. Kudos to you though
    Love
    Tea
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think that is a great attitude! sometimes i catch myself worrying about that stuff too - i just have to remind myself you can't be loved by everybody so it's best to love yourself (and your doxie!) first.

    ReplyDelete