Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Prayer Works

...Though my heart is torn I will praise You in this storm...

I have become a much more prayerful person lately. I don't know what it is but I think it's true that "prayer may not change things for you but it sure changes you for things"... it so does. Don't get me wrong- I've always been one to say thanks for the food and pray before bed... but in the last year or so I've found myself praying in the morning that I am able to have a positive impact on others and that God stays with me and helps me throughout the day... the He works through me. I have also found myself praying when I need His strength and guidence. I pray before bed thanking Him for the many many blessing He has given me. I have become a more grateful person and a more understanding person. I also feel like my faith has truly grown by praying.

I feel like I have become much more content with where I am in life- like everything's somehow falling into place even though things are so chaotic. The fact of the matter is that I might as well like it because it's my life either way. I know in my heart that God will not leave me. He is there. He will always be there. He has blessed me with so many people and things in life- why should I not trust in Him to provide a way for me. I know He will. I say all of the time that His best gifts are unanswered prayers and I pray all the time that He lead me where I should go... that He lead myself and Jake to a place where we can make a difference and grow together. Praise God from whom all blessings flow.

Where He leads I will follow. I will post these lyrics as a final thought for the day...
Ginny Owens: If You Want Me To

The pathway is broken
And The signs are unclear
And I don't know the reason why You brought me here
But just because You love me the way that You do
I'm gonna walk through the valley
If You want me to

Chorus:
Cause I'm not who I was
When I took my first step
And I'm clinging to the promise You're not through with me yet
so if all of these trials bring me closer to you
Then I will walk through the fire
If You want me to


It may not be the way I would have chosen
When you lead me through a world that's not my home
But You never said it would be easy
You only said I'd never go alone

ya oh oh no

So When the whole world turns against me
And I'm all by myself
And I can't hear You answer my cries for help
I'll remember the suffering Your love put You through
And I go through the valley If You want me to

No comments:

Post a Comment