Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Sweet Shelby

I am sitting here on the couch with Shelby on my lap and a thought popped into my head, "What would it be like to love and trust someone so much and not be able to understand them?" Shelby has no clue what I'm saying, but she trusts me and loves me. Then it occurred to me that I love and trust Shelby and I can't understand a single thing that comes out of her mouth. So, I guess love and trust isn't just about words... but feelings and actions. I hold her, pet her, talk to her, feed her... she trusts me. She kisses me, cuddles in close to me, runs to greet me... she loves me. I love her, too. She's a sweet sweet Shelby.

5 comments:

  1. Same with me and mommy
    Dachshund Nola

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they do understand what we say!! At least mine seem too!!! Cute puppy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they understand part of what we say...and a good percentage of our body language. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i think about that all the time too! they love and trust so much; its so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at your little doxies. Your black one would look like Ellie if she had long legs. Thanks for your condolences. Really, thank you so much. it's been a difficult few days for me and all of the love everyone is pouring out is so wonderful.

    ReplyDelete