Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Saturday, December 24, 2011

Merry Christmas MilShelb Dad

Jake,
I just read the Christmas post I did for you last year. I am so glad that things are changing for the better for us every single day. We have truly come a long way. We got married jobless, penniless, and were truly livin' on love. Kind of funny when you think about it. You know, the thing is that we have always had the things that matter most. We have always had each other. We have always had a strong mutual love and respect for each other. We have always had our MilShelb. We have always had awesome family and friends.
This year our lives have changed drastically and for the better. We're both working (just like last year) and we've bought our first home together. We're both busy, but happily busy. We've learned to paint, fix toilets, tubs, sinks and patch walls. We've learned to rip out carpet and put down laminate flooring. We've learned to stretch our dollars to make the most of what we have. We've learned a great deal about working together and working towards common goals. We have truly become a team.
I am so proud of us. I am proud of how much our hard work has paid off. I am proud of you. I am so proud to be married to a hard-working, loving, generous man. I am proud to have a husband who leads his family and loves his family. I am proud of you.
You know, when we got married I loved you so so so much. I knew that the love I had for you then would change. It's supposed to. However, I didn't realize that the love would grow and turn into a truly deep love, respect, and admiration for you.
You are a good man, Jake. A real good man. You are amazing. I love you. I choose you. Every single day. Don't you ever forget that.
~Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment