Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Thank God I Ain't...

I am going to an Eric Church concert in about 2 months with a great friend and I have been listening to his music to prepare (DORKY, I know). I found this song called "What I Almost Was" and part of it says, "Thank God I ain't what I almost was." Amen to that. I cannot tell you how many times I look back and think about how different my life would be if things had turned out this way or that.

... I could have married my high school sweet heart... Thank God for Jake.
... I could have quit college sophomore year and become a dental hygienist... Thank God for a 4-year degree.
... I could have moved to Florida when Jake got that job offer... Thank God for chickening out.
... I could have done so many things differently... Thank God for leading me where He wants me to be.

I am just so glad to be who I am and not be who I could have been. I could have been a completely different person, but I am who I am. Thank God for that. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment