Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Saturday, May 28, 2011

Let Me Tell Ya 'Bout My Best Friend...

My best friend is my husband- cliche, I know. However, I truly believe that a best friend is a person with whom you can say anything and everything, but at the same time know when it's best to keep your mouth shut. A best friend is someone who knows you for exactly who you are. They accept you. They love you. They love the exact person you are. They can overlook your irritating traits and see past the differences to the heart of you.
You see, my husband is a good man. He knows me. He loves me. He appreciates me. I never feel like second best and I never feel like I don't add up. He believes in me. He wants what is best for me and does his best to see that I have that- even when it means giving up his wants and putting his dreams aside. He is truly a gentleman. Every day I am amazed by him... and even more amazed that he is so humble.
He works hard. He puts us first. He is awesome. You know what, he's more than that though.

He is a man of few words. He cares about his family. He loves his Mama. His favorite color is yellow. He loves pizza and ice cream almost as much as I do. He thinks Milly and Shelby hung the moon. He does not come off as a very outgoing person, but really he's a goofy guy. He is hard to understand and impossible to forget. He values people who understand that value of hard work. He cannot stand laziness. He loves comedies. He does not at all care for chick flicks. He likes to play video games every now and then. He is obsessed with football. He does not drink. He does not smoke. He does not lie, cheat, or steal. He is an honest man. He is a generous man. He'd gladly give you the shirt off his back and never think twice about it. He is someone I admire and respect. He makes me want to be a better person.
He is my best friend.

1 comment:

  1. All I can say is WOW ! What a wonderful post Maggie he sounds like one in 87 billion but no matter how amazing your husband is he is very lucky to have you in his life two fabulously amazing people together ! Now how often does that happen ?

    Love
    Tea
    x

    ReplyDelete