Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Realized Something

Though the title of this blog is "The Everyday Life of a MilShelb Mom" and I do take pride in my MilShelb mothering abilities, I am, above all else, a wife. So, I thought that since I normally focus on MilShelb I would take a second to say how wonderful Jake is. lol!
Jake is a good man. I am amazed each day at how absolutely brilliant he is. I know that sounds like I am being sarcastic and those of you who know me personally know that I am a pretty sarcastic person, but I am being honest. Jake is just so smart. He says and does things sometimes and I am like "wow. I would have never thought of that!" lol Among all of his great qualities, Jake has a gift that will help us through life- he can make me laugh. It's true (and there's no denying it) he knows how to make me the maddest I have ever been, but in the middle of the chaos he can turn it around and cause me to laugh until I nearly cry. He always has these silly little stories and things to tell me. He (to my surprise) got me a birthday card this year. He doesn't always do this because I think he thinks cards are a waste of money... but he bought one. When I opened it and read it I thought it was cute. It said on the front "Happy Birthday to my wife." And on the inside "the woman I love to monkey around with." He explained to me that he had a hard time finding a card in Target that didn't have mushy stuff or nasty stuff in it. lol I thought that was so funny! Only he would feel the need to explain a card.
Jake has a way of keeping me grounded. It's not that he's bossy and tells me not to do stuff... it's just that he lays it all out there. He makes me see that, yeah I can spend that money on this whatever... but since neither of us have full-time jobs right now the best thing to do would be to keep the money for those silly things like paying bills. lol I'm still learning, but he is working with me on it... poor guy.
If you're reading this, Jake, I want you to know something. I want you to know that forever and ever what I said on our wedding day remains true- I choose you. I love you more than life itself.

No comments:

Post a Comment