Life as a Milshelb Mom is crazy, hectic, and FUN... it's mostly full of LOVE... love for a MilShelb who make my world go 'round.

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Crazy Love

I have been reading (and am still reading) "Crazy Love" by Francis Chan. It's a great book about God and His love for us. It really makes me think... how lucky am I to serve a God who loves me so much... so much that He sent His son to die on a cross for me?! For me! I am amazed at that love. I am excited to read the rest of the book. So far it's made me really think about my prayers. I am one of those people who prays every night before bed- but also when I get up in the morning and at different times throughout the day... sometimes when I need an extra push and other times just to say thanks. In this book, the author talks about not just talking at God but truly taking it all in... noticing all of the wonderful things He has provided us with and the amazing detail He put into everything. He talks about truly just taking a moment and standing in awe of God and His glory. I stand amazed. It's actually almost comical to think about how God, so perfect and holy and all-knowing and all-powerful, who made the entire world in only SIX days and rested on the seventh... how HE could love me. Love me and provide for me. I am truly honored.

Switching topics:
Sometimes I feel so lost. This whole being an adult thing is not at all what it's cracked up to be... there's bills to be paid and tons and tons of decisions to be made... there's chores to be done and all sorts of other responsibilities... it's exhausting! I am blessed to have a husband that stands by my side. He worries the mud out of me sometimes... but I am truly honored that he asked me to be his wife. Sometimes I take him for granted. I know it's awful to say. Sometimes I drive him crazy with my nit-picky ways and "dumb rules" as he calls them- like insisting that he sleep under the sheets and not allow his body to touch the comforter. (It won't fit in my washer! lol) I know I have silly rules and sometimes I drive myself nuts with the stuff I do... but he loves me anyhow. I'd say I'm pretty lucky to have him! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment